Please join CBE for our monthly Members Meeting.
Where: 120 Broadway, suite 2, Richmond, CA, 94804
See FB invite here.
9:30 a.m. – Breakfast
10:00 a.m. – Meeting starts
12:00 p.m. – Meeting ends
* Would like to find out more about the Green New Deal and how it can help you and your family?
* Closing down Chevron and other refineries: How can we decommission refineries and save the planet?
* Video Premiere – Redlined: The Legacy of Housing Discrimination. Find out how the US has created ghettos and suburbs, gentrification and historic racial discrimination.
* Will Richmond ban coal and petroleum coke shipments at the port? How can you help?
* What is the status of the battle over Pt. Molate and how will it impact the people of Richmond?
* Safe Return Richard Boyd Fellow Update: Lamar Harrison
Dan Sakaguchi, CBE staff researcher, will share his research on how the Green New Deal can impact people in Richmond.
Greg Karras, CBE Senior Scientist, will discuss his new study calling for the shutting down of all California oil refineries in the next ten years or risk losing the planet.
Ron Chavez of the Greenlining Institute has created a new video showing how the US government has shaped racially discriminatory housing patterns that have shaped our lives.
A representative of No Coal in Richmond will present on the status of a proposed ordinance to limit these deadly shipments.
A representative from the Pt. Molate Alliance will present an update for us and how we can help.
CBE member Lamar Harrison will give us an update on his experiences as a Richard Boyd Fellow